Sunday, November 6, 2011

One Hundred Hours/ Orange Pepper



Acrylics


After seeing this post online, I am re-inspired to pick up my paintbrushes again. My painting journey left off many years ago.

I took a continuing education class in oil painting at the Museum School in Boston while working full time as an occupational therapist. I also belonged to a ceramics studio in Cambridge MA at the time and was producing a line of painted dinnerware, plates, bowls, and tumblers. After a gallery show with my ceramics and encouraging words from my painting teacher I decided to go back to art school at age 30. I majored in painting and textile design, but shortly after my life took some unexpected turns and I wound up focusing on family and doing art just for myself. To satisfy my creative itch, I got involved in collage and jewelry making and on and off would sell my work through galleries and shows. Then I wound up, years later, returning to textile design and got a job at a children's apparel company as a textile designer. I soon went freelance, put my work online and jobs started coming in and haven't stopped over 10 years later. Now that is my day job. And I love it.

But I always wondered what would've happened if I kept painting. So here I go.....


4 comments:

  1. this is the most beautiful little painting ever...i can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Salli, you just made me so happy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. It looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete